This bash/gawk script takes a CSV file with a list of domain, username, password & uses the cPanel WHMAPI system to update the password of each user account that is provided with a password within the CSV file.
- Progress is reported in output.
- Passwords are not reported in output.
- Uses cPanel whmapi1 command line tool to perform the change so system, mysql, ftp and mail passwords are updated as well.
- cPanel account username must be column 2
- Passwords must be column 3
- The first (header) line of the CSV file is skipped completely
Processing CSV file (each dot represents 100 accounts). Progress............d.....done. Processing entries in order received. Found 1784 entries. Processing: [1/1784] (xxxxxxx) --- data: app: - system - ftp - mail - MySQL metadata: command: passwd output: raw: "Password for “xxxxxxxx” has been changed.FTP (File Transfer Protocol) password change has been queued.\n" reason: Password changed for user “xxxxxxx”. result: 1 version: 1